My DIY projects and home decor attempts that hopefully help me to "fluff my nest!"

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My craft room


The picture above is the view of my craft room from the doorway. My room is pretty small, about 10' x 11'. As you can see, one wall is basically a huge window. I love that window, it brings in so much natural light. In the morning, the sun just streams in through the window, making the room very cozy, especially in the winter.

I mainly do rubber stamping. In fact, I am a demonstrator for Stampin'Up!. I love the company and it's products, so I became a demonstrator to support my habit.

I am a recovering scrapbooker. I think I really liked collecting all the pretty supplies more than actually using them!

I recently bought a new sewing machine. I'm in love with it, so this table is pretty much covered in fabric and sewing supplies at the moment. I made a quilt for my youngest son for Christmas. It was my first quilt, not a bed sized quilt, but more of a lap quilt. I really enjoyed making that quilt, and now I've been bitten by the quilting bug!
I've pretty much done most every craft imaginable over the years. I know I'll stick with rubber stamping, but I think quilting will always run a close second!

I am linking this post to Room ReMix http://roomremixblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/craft-roomcraft-organization.html

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! What a great craft room you've got here! I'm surprised you would ever want to leave (especially with that awesome window). Do you think my husband will let me cut a window out in the closet? :-)

    You probably noticed I posted Brooklyn Limestone's big scissors, and now I see you have one too. So jealous. I'm going to have to keep my eye out and see if I can find one.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the party! Have a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft room is gorgeous! I love seeing all the supplies displayed...they look wonderful. What an inspiring room - You did an amazing job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I could get some serious work done here! This is a great craft room! Thanks for sharing. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your space. What kind of machine did you get? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the space and that huge window. Everything looks so pretty and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your craft room, great window and lots of storage. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great room. Lots of space!

    I think you've made me realize why I like scapbooking most - collecting all of the great stuff!
    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. This space is so lovely!!! I am jealous:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete